We believe that every true believer is a member of the body of Christ - His Church.
Formal membership in a local congregation like Cross of Glory helps reflect this truth. It is a way for us to be involved and belong to His body in a tangible way. For those who are interested in membership the steps are as follows:
- Be a believer who is trusting Christ alone for your salvation - Ephesians 2:8-9
- Attend and participate regularly in our various services and events for at least a few months. We believe it is important that you find a place to fit and serve and that you begin to make friends. Your involvement in a small group is highly encouraged -- Acts 2:42 and Hebrews 10:24-25.
- We believe that baptism, though it does not save us, is an important act of obedience and an important part of becoming a more fully devoted follower. Acts 2:38 See the brochure below for more about baptism.
- Meet with a pastor following participation in the study. At this meeting you will be asked to share your testimony and your baptism experience and discuss what you have learned
- Agree to read through and be responsible for the information in our church constitution and bylaws.
- Meet with the Deacons to share your testimony again. After meeting with the deacons you will be recommended to the church for membership, usually at a regularly scheduled worship service.
- Join a membership class when it is offered. Anyone interested in finding out about Cross of Glory, who we are and what we believe is encouraged to attend, even if they are not yet ready for membership - Matthew 16:18.
If you are interested in membership , please contact Pastor Jon at email@example.com.